What is Raneto?
Raneto is a Knowledgebase platform for Node.js that uses static Markdown files to power the knowledgebase.
Raneto can be called a "static site generator" of sorts as it doesn't require a database. All
of your content is stored in the
content folder in Markdown (
.md) files and the entire
knowledgebase structure and content is generated by Raneto. This is good because it's:
- Simple: You can create and manage an entire knowledge base using your favorite text editor
- Flat: Raneto is a "flat file" CMS, meaning no database problems, no MySQL queries, nothing
- Fast: Raneto is seriously lightweight and doesn't use a database, making it super fast
Raneto also features:
- Mustache for easy templating
- Responsive default template (powered by Bootstrap)
- Highlight.js code syntax highlighting
- Full-text search powered by Lunr
- GitHub Flavored Markdown